Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Change


It seems unreal. I'm nearly at the end of a story that is mostly coherent, and that I feel proud of. Sometimes I'll look through my old stuff and be frustrated. "Why did I ever think that was acceptable," I'll ask myself. The answer's simple enough, of course:

With use, we improve. I don't claim to be the best writer. Hell, I might be an exceptionally poor study. An old teacher of mine used to say that I was too flowery, dropping adjectives like they were going out of style. I only got better because I obsessively pursued writing. It's the same with anything we're passionate about. You may suck terribly at first, but if you have the bravery to fail a few times, then you'll grow into someone formidable.

Follow your dreams, guys, and don't be afraid. You have the ability to be more than what you are right now.

So what's stopping you?



Hopefully next week we'll have a real update. I'm working on the second draft hot and heavy, and I hope (fingers crossed) that it'll be finished within a month. If so, it's off to an editor. After that, well...

We'll see if that baby'll sink or swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment