Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Apologies

Hey guys. This isn't a story update (that comes tomorrow), but I wanted to say, "I'm sorry." At the inception of this page, my "About Me" section involved some insulting, derogatory language. As you can see from my first two posts, I was trying to be edgy, essentially a caricature of what a southerner is supposed to be. This was meant to be a humorist blog, with that type of character spearheading the posts. 

The problem was, the character was too convincing. A few people I have known for years felt that I actually did oppose gay marriage. Nothing could be further from the truth. Gays are human beings like us all. They've just had the misfortune of being a minority, and being shit on for that very reason. I couldn't look some of my friends in the eyes if I didn't believe they were my equals.That was just heavy on my chest. 

I hope I can get your forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment