Thursday, May 8, 2014

Why We Write and Etc

I've started writing the second book.

I've got nothing set in stone with the first book. No deals, no assurances, just a big, fat maybe with a side of dismissals. Yet here I am, writing the sequel to a book that may never see the light of day.

Why the hell am I doing that?

The answer's simple: Because I have to. Because it keeps me sane, because it keeps me happy, because deep down inside of me, there's a story and a world that comes crashing up. I have to write because I have no other option.

Also, it is tough as hell to create another world on the fly. I'm putting a lot into this. Everything that I went for in the first book, I want to make bigger in the second. I want the violence, the relationships, the banter, and the world to feel more visceral, more in-depth. I feel like the first book was putting the parts together.

The second is making them work well.

Updates might be a little less meaty here. I'll have the occasional short story, but I think more posts will be just talking about what I'm going through. It's easier to write, and requires a lot less of my brain. That way, I'm able to push this book out one day.

Also, two of my friends got me into Warframe. That is going to consume my damned life, right there.

Assholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment